Preparations continue for the Horus 50 high altitude balloon flight celebrating the 20th Anniversary of AREG. This radio experimenters flight is planned for launch this Sunday, the 4th of November at 10am CDST (2330Z). The latest flight path prediction is shown below. Full details of the flight can be found (here)
UPDATE: 3rd November 2018 – Predictions still looking good!
Tracking will be available via habhub.org
As a quick reference, the flight will have the following transmitters:
- 147.500MHz Downlink / 438.900MHz Uplink (with 123Hz CTCSS) Repeater
- 145.100MHz Slow Scan TV Downlink
- 145.175MHz APRS Tracking Beacon
- 434.650MHz 100baud RTTY Telemetry
- 434.640MHz 4FSK Binary Telemetry (uses the latest FreeDV software to decode)
Stay tuned for more details and refer to the main news story (here) for information on how you can participate in this event!