This will be the clubs Annual General Meeting. More importantly, it marks the 20th anniversary of the formation of the Amateur Radio Experimenters Group! Cake and refreshments will be served befitting our 20 year history!
At the meeting all positions will be declared vacant and the elections for 2018/19 will be held. Come along and join us in celebrating this milestone achievement for the club!
Our special guest presenter for the evening is Derek VK5TCP who will be talking with us about IT security and what the risks really are!
Derek is a director of a specialist cyber security group called CyberOps and has greater than 30 years expereince in IT and business risk.
He will cover:
- How The Cyber Security Landscape Is Changing?
- What the criminals are getting up to?
- What are your risks at home?
- Hardware hacking tools, techniques and devices.
- What does a penetration test involve and what does it find?
- How can I protect my own Internet connected devices?
- Where can I find the best practice guides?
In this modern era where everyone has more IT infrastructure around them than they perhaps even realize, the importance of IT security can not be under estimated. This fascinating talk will at the very least arm you with knowledge and tools you can use to safeguard your own online activities.
Where to find us?
Everyone is most welcome to attend! You can find us at 1 Phelps Court, Fulham in the Fulham Community Centre (formerly known as the Reedbeds Community Centre).