During 2017, the AREG is planning a set of presentations to be known as the “Radio Beginner Series”. The intention is that every 4 months, the evening will be dedicated to something simple, but which any beginner starting out may not have been exposed to before. Ideal for foundation licensees, but also equally applicable to old hands trying out a new aspect of the hobby that they haven’t engaged with before.
The Art of QSL Cards and Confirmations
This month, the topic of sending and receiving QSL cards will be introduced, including all of the ways that you can achieve confirmation of your contacts, particularly if you are chasing awards. The talk will cover things like:
- QSL card design – what to put on your cards
- Ways of sending physical cards
- Direct – IRCs and “Green Stamps”
- via QSL Managers
- How to get electronic confirmation
- ARRL’s Logbook of the World
- ClubLog Log Matching & OQRS QSL Request Services
- How do you manage Multiple Logs on these services?
The doors will open at 7.45pm, with meeting starting at 8.00pm. After the main presentation, tea coffee and supper is available followed by a general meeting. Hope to see you there!